For once, this isn’t specifically a liquid lipstick blog!!
This week, I’m discussing my Holy Grail Products; basically the beauty products I can’t like without.
This is super late, because I’ve been revising (seriously so bored, doing this is my procrastination!).
- Mascara: Dior Iconic Show. Doesn’t clump. Doesn’t have fall out (you know when you wear it half a day and it falls from your lashes and makes it look like you’re wearing it from last night?) plus it elongates my lashes which I adore ❤️
- Eyeshadow: I’m going with a palette. And this is so hard. It’s got to be my ABH Self Made Palette (Champagne is literally my holy grail single shade!). The colours are stunning and vibrant, they stand out and you can make so many different looks with the one pallette. A close second is my Too Faced Chocolate palette, because the colours are amazing and the smell 😍😍😍
- Eyeliner: I love the ease of the Kat Von D Trooper Eyeliner, but it’s not as solid black as I would like. I’ve yet to find THE solid black gel liner which matches my soul.
- Eyebrows: I mean, this should be obvious. There is only one QUEEN when it comes to brows, and it’s Anastasia Beverly Hills. The Dipbrow Pomade ( I use a mix of Ash Brown and Soft Brown) is so amazing. I’ve been using it a year now, and I doubt I’ll use anything else. It’s so easy to use, lasts forever, and mixes easily.
- Foundation: this is super hard. So I’ll choose 3. High range: my Dior Nude Air foundation in the shade 010. Liquid-y, easy to apply, easy to blend, feels so light but gives me suuuch good coverage! You only need one to two drops depending on the coverage you want, so it is good value for money! Then my NARS: similar consistency to my Dior foundation, light weight but full coverage. Can be slightly too dark when I’m at my palest and sleep deprived-est. then we have my MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix foundation: thicker than the other two. Full coverage. Stunning, covers all blemishes. Comfy to wear. And finally, my drugstore foundation: Loreal True Match Ivoire Rose, I really think this is a dupe for my Nars, but I can wear this on my palest of days and mix it with some of my foundations when they look too dark. It’s under £10 in the UK, but in Europe Loreal products tend to be dearer.
- Concealer: there is only one, though I’ve tried a few! NARS Creamy Radiant concealer. Super thick- it will crease without powder!- but great coverage, and for pale skin girls, great shades. Can be used to cover your under eyes and your blemishes which is IDEAL. The creamy concealer from the drugstore brand Collection is an affordable dupe, which my sister swears by, but I find the colour range isn’t quite as good. I also use my NARS concealer as an eyeshadow base.
- Blusher: this one is difficult because I genuinely like mixing up my blushes day to day, other than them being mainly coral based. Recently, I adore my MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul; it’s a dark pink coral with a slight sheen to it.
- Highlighting: depending whether I want to look like a unicorn came on my face, or just a gentle glow, it’s between NARS in Copacabana, and my recent purchase from MAC Cosmetics, Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I will say sometimes my Copacabana can air on the side of (forgive the vulgar phrasing) looking like a unicorn came on my face, but sometimes you want that kind of glow!
- Contour/Bronzer: I own both the powder and cream contour palettes from Anastasia Beverly Hills, and I love them. The Powder kit (in shade light to medium) is perfect for every day, or for if I just want to warm my face up and not contour. I like using my Cream palette ( in shade Fair) for when I go on nights out, and it gives more of a dramatic contour. I also love that ABH has both palettes in a variety of shades, so that from the palest to the darkest skin is accommodated! The powder palette doubles as my bronzer, as I’m not really a bronzer person.
- Primer: with thanks to NikkieTutorials I bought the Nivea Men Aftershave Balm: Sensitive while I was in France, since it was under 10$/10€/10£ and she was raving about it. And I found out why! It’s amazing at keeping your face in place throughout the day and night (especially if any of you use the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation!). It has a slightly manly smell when you apply it (I love the smell) but it doesn’t last and you don’t smell like a bloke! Ps. If you haven’t already, check out Nikkie’s Beauty vlog on Youtube, she’s amazing!
- Lip balm: The one true savior goes by the name of Rêve de Miel by Nuxe. It comes in a little 25g glass pot, smells deliciously like honey (but not too strongly) and glides on so easily. I can also wear it overnight without it giving me spots around my lip area, which is a problem with a lot of other lip balms I’ve used.
- Lip scrub: I’ve just recently got into lip scrubs (literally bought it Monday) but it’s been amazing so far. Lush’s lip scrub in the flavor/smell Mint Julep is awesome. Smells amazing, tastes delicious, and gets rid of any dry skin!
- Lipgloss: I’m not a huge lipgloss fan, but only because I come from Scotland where it’s windy often, and I hate when the wind blows my hair and it gets stuck to my lips! However I do love lipglosses when my hair is up, and my current fave would have to be either ABH in the shade Kristen, or Dior Addict Gloss in shade 453.
- Lipsticks: it’s gotta be MAC Cosmetics in Velvet Teddy, or Whirl. Perfect nudes, stay on well, and smell delicious.
- Liquid lipsticks: this is near impossible. Here’s my top three: Kat von D in Lolita, Jeffree Star in Doll Parts, and ABH in Pure Hollywood.
Where you can buy the products I mentioned:
Loréal Cosmetics: available from most local Drugstores, like Superdrug (UK) or supermarkets like Monoprix (FR) or somewhere like Sephora (FR) and Ulta (US)
Nivea Men Aftershave Balm: Sensitive avaliable from most drugstores and supermarkets and some French pharmacies.